WELCOME!

WELCOME TO AKG!

FOR VIEWING SPACE WEATHER PRODUCTS CLICK HERE
AND THEN CLICK "ENTER"

-------------------------------OR-----------------------------------------
TO READ ARTICLES ON AKG BLOG OR SPACE WEATHER FORECASTS ( SEVERE SOLARWX) CLICK "ENTER" BELOW
ENTER

Friday, August 24, 2012

Article: Earthquake at 30,000ft above the ground???

I was on my way back to Nagpur on 19th May from Muscat,Oman. The ascend of the flight from Mumbai was pretty smooth. However in the mid way and as we approached Nagpur, the flight experienced a moderate turbulence. Though I am a frequent flyer,that day's turbulence was really a tough one to forget. I was flying in an Airbus A320 aircraft. After a short discussion with my friend Co-Pilot Arpit Gupta who was the Deputy Commander of the same flight,I wrote an article on it.

Already having a meteorological background,it was easy for me to figure out what type of conditions are really needed for such turbulences to occur which makes one feel like Earthquakes even at an elevation of 30,000 ft (Mostly due to the CAT turbulence type or if the flight accidentally enters the Cumulonimbus Cloud System)..

This article this scientifically explains this phenomena of Turbulence...

It was published in The Hitavada on 22nd May 2012

(The CB cloud photo was taken by me on 11th May 2012 while I was enroute to Mumbai from Nagpur)

No comments:



STAY TUNED FOR UPDATES AT

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Severe-Solar-Weather-forecast/112556765473804